Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CLT! Who Knew?

When I bought my new MacBook Pro in August I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever worked with! So it came as a shock to me that at Trinity we have an entire center on the bottom floor of the library full of technology and equipment that put my laptop to shame. In CLT there are PCs and Macs filled with amazing multimedia editing software at the disposal of Trinity students. Along with these there are laser printers and scanners that can be used as well. There is an Innovation studio in CLT that is dedicated to teaching faculty about programs such as TLEARN and a video conference center that contains a satellite system that allows two way video conferencing. Along with these facilities there is also a digital audio lab where students can create and edit digital projects, and a Media Presentation Lab with projection equipment a a screen to make presentations on. Not only are all of these facilities at the disposal of the students but there are also people down there that can help students wishing to use the equipment. Now that I know CLT is there I will be able to use the software and equipment to do work and make presentations that are very unique and interesting for all of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment